According to our bylaws (1991)
- Swiss freethinkers promote critical thinking on the basis of a scientific world view and humanist ethics – no dogmas, no ideologies – in politics and the society at large.
- Swiss freethinkers defend freedom of speech of non religious and religious conviction alike.
- Swiss freethinkers take a stand for the separation of state and religion.
- Swiss freethinkers offer social and cultural services.
- Swiss freethinkers support decent living conditions for humans and animals and effective policies to protect the planet.